Saturday, March 8, 2008

Hair Cut!


I woke up this morning and decided I wanted my hair lopped off. So my kind, brave husband, that CAN see in a straight line, cut it for me. I've never been particularly fond of going to the hair salon ... strange, I know. I'm really not good with idle chit chat but it always seems awkward to just sit there. I never really know what I want done with my hair and I always hate how it looks as I leave the salon. None of these make for an experience that I want to repeat very often. Every now and then (once a year or so) I decide that this is the time that is going to be like a make-over show. I will go into the salon and say "Make me beautiful" and out I will come, a swan with a glorious hair cut. The last time I did this, the stylist poked me in the eye with the scissors. (I mean literally, my contact lens came out of my eye.) Arlo thinks that as girly as I am, I should like going to a hair salon to primp (or whatever it is that girls do) every 6 weeks or so like other women. Maybe I'll become a grown up one of these days and become a regular at a salon. I'm sure that would help keep my expectations reasonable and probably give the stylist a fighting chance at helping me choose a style that I like.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
manematico said...

Hallo Kat! Schön dein Haarschnitt!

I habe nicht dein email...schade... hier unter findest du die Rezept für den Quarkwas die Marion hast für dich und Arlo gefunden. VG, Ferran.


"Hallo Kat,

hier ein Alternativrezept mit Quark! Leider habe ich das Käsekuchenrezeot nicht gefunden! Dieser hier ist aber auch sehr lecker!
Und dann habe ich noch ein schnelles, einfaches Rezept für süße Quarkbrötchen beigefügt - die gehen sehr schnell!

Viele Grüße und viel Spaß beim Ausprobieren!!
Marion

A: Fruchtiger Schichtkuchen

1. Schicht: Knetteig

200g Mehl
1/2 Päckchen Backpulver
2 Esslöffel (EL) Kakao
100g gemahlene Mandeln
100g Zucker
1 Päackchen Vanillezucker
100g Margarine/ Butter
1 Ei
4 EL Wasser
--> verkneten und auf eine eingefettetes Backblech streichen.

2. Schicht: Fruchtmasse

500g Quark
400g Schmand (to be found near to Quark in the Kühlfach)
125g Zucker
1 geriebene Zitronenschalen (exists also as really intensive Aroma- careful)
75g Margarine/ Butter
4 Eier
150g Rosinen oder Mandarinen

--> die Zutaten zu einem Teig verrühren und dann die Früchte unterheben, entweder Rosinen oder Mandarinen aus der Dose oder halb und halb
--> die Schicht auf der ersten Schicht verteilen

3. Schicht: Streusel

150g Mehl
1/2 Päckchen Backpulver
1 Päckchen Vanillezucker
200g Zucker
75ml Öl
3 EL Wasser
--> mit Händen oder den Knethaken zu Streuseln verarbeiten, auf dem Kuchenteig gleichmäßig verteilen

bei 180° ca. 35min backen

Guten Appetit!

B: Süße Quarkbrötchen
500g Mehl
1 Päckchen Backpulver
200g Zucker
1 Päckchen Vanillezucker
125g Butter
2 Eier
250g Quark
--> alles zu einem Teig verkneten, Heidelbeeren/ Himbeeren untermischen (aus dem Tiefkühlfach)
--> zu kleinen Häufchen formen (jeweils 2 Esslöffel Teig)
--> bei 175° ca 30min backen"

Elfride said...

I was going to leave a comment about your hair looking lovely--you know I like it shorter--and how talented and brave your husband is...However, I was reading the recipe in the next comment and have to ask: What is "Quark"? I've never heard of it and my German/English dictionary has no listing, either!